Certify to teach Yogalates and deepen your practice by joining us at one of our on-location Academy Teacher Trainings, located in the beautiful village of Bangalow (hinterland of Byron Bay), NSW, Australia.
> Dates: 17 March – 1st April 2023
> Dates: 27th October – 12th November 2023
350hr Face-to-Face Yogalates Training Investment – $3,997 (AUD)
> Complete our Teacher Training Registration Form
“Over the years in yoga classes I began to realise my focus was external, wanting to emulate the teacher's poses rather than turning inwards. At times this resulted in injury & burnout. Yogalates has taught me to listen deeply to my own body & now I want to deepen my own yogalates practice & add more breathwork & meditation to the mix.”
Our purpose-built studio is only a short walking distance to the CBD of Bangalow and the only one of its kind in the Northern Rivers region.
Those relocating to Byron Shire for Part 2 of the training can choose from a vast and varied range of accommodation options in the following areas:
Bangalow, Suffolk Park, Byron Hills, Baywood Chase (or Byron town itself with a 20-minute drive to the Bangalow studio).
Available to book now and commence on the dates above, our face to face 350-hour Yogalates Academy Teacher Trainings are fully supported, run over 8 weeks and include:
- Learn from the authentic Yogalates lineage - access to profound teachings through supported tuition, online assessments & practicum lectures.
- Supported evolution - we work with you during the Online Yoga Teacher Training to uncover blocks and find expansion in a fully supported accepting environment.
- Unlimited access to our Online Yogalates Academy trainings for the duration of the course.
- Yogalates Book– the best elements of Yoga & Pilates published by Louise Solomon
- Yogalates Teacher Training Manual (10th edition) by Louise Solomon
- Anatomy Manual
- Personal Practice & Yoga Therapy / Special Needs Manual
- Instructional Online Videos on Core Foundation & Asana Modifications for client special needs
PART 1 – ONLINE ACADEMY
We recommend over 3 - 6 months of approximately 6 - 12hrs study per week for Part 1.
- Module 1 - Anatomy & Functional Movement; study the body as a whole - the systems, posture, asana breakdowns, how to use props and modify to suit a variety of body types and conditions.
- Module 2 - Pilates & Yoga; identifying their individual attributes and the principles of our unique method fusing the two.
- Module 3 - Yoga Philosophy; studying the Eight Limbs, our lineage, breath, meditation, bandhas, ethics and lifestyle.
- Module 4 - Personal Practice; the discipline and exploration as a student and self-practice is imperative in becoming a great teacher.
- Module 5 - Teaching Training; client assessment + management, sequence and instruct a complete practice including Asana, Pranayama, Yoga Nidra + Meditation.
- Module 6 - 50hr Yoga History + Physiology (12 Modules) - Our lineage, sacred texts, theories, practices, rituals and chakras
PART 2 – BYRON STUDIO (FACE TO FACE)
Our face to face practicum is an intensive training run over 15 days from 8am - 6pm at our Yogalates Academy Studio, 72 Byron Street, Bangalow (Byron Hinterland) NSW, Australia.
Please note: Pre-practicum online lectures for Part 2 commence 4 weeks prior to face-to-face training and all assessments must be attempted prior to training attendance. A general level of computer literacy is required and 100% punctual attendance at lectures during the practicum is essential for successful completion of the course, please consider your preparation and self-care in the lead-up to and duration of these 15 days.
EQUIPTMENT TO PURCHASE
- Resistance/Therabands x 2-4 varying strengths gentle to mid-range
- 2 x Yoga blocks
- Yoga strap
- Yoga Bolster
- Yoga mat
- Folded hand-towel or head pillow
- Yoga blanket
* ADDITIONAL - REQUIRED READING MATERIALS
To commence your training, you will need to purchase the following required reading materials – these are excluded from the course fees to give you the option to purchase second hand if desired:
ADDITIONAL READING MATERIALS YOU ARE REQUIRED TO PURCHASE – Options available
So happy to have finally joined & loving the classes! I feel so good & find teachers amazing & location wonderful. I’m recommending the Yogalates Academy to everyone. Five Stars! - Alison Bangalow
Yogalates is a wonderful practice tailored to suit my needs - giving me flexibility, calm & confidence after having both hips replaced. I love it. Olive is so professional and easy to engage with, making me feel welcome every session - Jen, Bangalow
My first Yogalates class was terrific, Olive was particularly helpful & understanding, which was important to me as I had not much previous experience of either. She made me feel comfortable & ensured each move was done correctly. Classes are held in a beautiful space. Very calm & relaxing - Jennifer Bangalow