Part 1 is completed ONLINE at your own pace from 12 weeks to 6 months, and completion is required prior to attending or gaining access to Part 2*. A general level of computer literacy is required.
Course Modules include:
- Module 1 - Anatomy ; study the body as a whole - the systems, posture, asana breakdowns.
- Module 2 - Pilates & Yoga & Functional Movement - identifying their individual attributes and the principles of our unique method fusing the two. Inclusive of how to use props and modify to suit a variety of body types and conditions.
- Module 3 - Yoga Philosophy; studying the Eight Limbs, our lineage, breath, meditation, bandhas, ethics and lifestyle.
- Module 4 - Personal Practice; the discipline and exploration as a student and self-practice is imperative in becoming a great teacher.
- Module 5 - Teaching Training; client assessment + management, sequence and instruct a complete practice including Asana, Pranayama, Yoga Nidra + Meditation.
- Optional Module 6 - 50hr Yoga History + Physiology (12 Modules) - Various lineages, sacred texts, theories, practices, rituals and chakras.
SPECIAL OFFER PART 1 ONLINE & PART 2 ONLINE $2,997
PART 2 – ONLINE ACADEMY
Part 2 Online (Virtual) no attendance required OR choice to complete face-to-face in our Byron Bay Studio ( see below).
Course Modules for Part 2 include:
- Creative Structure and Formatting of a class
- Understanding various Body Types and their application to Poses
- Learn how to Modify Poses and prop usage to enhance practise for individuals and common conditions/injuries. Plus specialised programs for individual needs.
- Mastering the Science and application of Core and Breath
- Yoga Therapy and Restorative Yogalates
- Teacher Training supoorting you to find your teachers foot print.
- Basics of Ayurveda
- Business Management
- Ethics and tools for embodying Yoga, so you develop as a Teacher of Yoga not just a Yoga Instructor.
On completion of Part 1, you are provided access to the prerecorded online lectures and quizzes, you are required to submit assignments online (including self-recorded videos) which is equivalent to approximately 20 days full-time.
You will have access to all materials and trainings for a period of 1 year from commencement and can study at your own pace to completion of the Certificate during this timeframe.
SPECIAL OFFER PART 1 ONLINE & PART 2 ONLINE $2,997Find out more
PART 2 – BYRON PRACTICUM (FACE-TO-FACE)
Held in the Byron Hinterland, at our purpose built Bangalow Studio our face-to-face practicum is an intensive training** run over 15 days from 7am - 5pm, Yogalates Academy Studio, 72 Byron St Bangalow ( Byron Hinterland) NSW, Australia.
NB: *The Byron Bay training begins 4 weeks prior to the start date when online pre-practicum lectures are released - up to 15hrs of work should be completed prior to attending the face-to-face Practicum.
**100% attendance at lectures during the practicum is essential for successful completion of the course, please consider your preparation and self-care in the lead-up to and duration of the 15 days.
SPECIAL OFFER PART 1 ONLINE & PART 2 BYRON A$3,497Find out more
You will receive comprehensive Online Modules and Specialised Manuals created by our team of Master Trainers through our easy-to-use online learning portal.
- Learn from the authentic Yogalates lineage - access profound teachings through supported tuition, online assessments & practicum lectures.
- Unlimited access to our online training platform for the duration of the course.
- Yogalates Book - the best elements of Yoga & Pilates published by Louise Solomon
- Yogalates Teacher Training Manual (10th edition) by Louise Solomon
- Anatomy Manual - distributed through the Anatomy Module
- Personal Practice & Yoga Therapy / Special Needs Manual
- Instructional Online Videos on Core Foundation & Asana Modifications for client special needs
WHY CHOOSE YOGALATES?
Three qualifications within the one certificate course Yoga + Pilates + Yogalates!
Yogalates promotes a safe form of functional movement in Asana and exercise through a unique fusion of Yoga and Pilates. Far from "just a class blended Yoga with Pilates" this world renowned and accredited practice will equip you to maximise postural and functional movement with a mastery of breath and foundational elements of core stability, to profoundly alter the lives of your students.
Our 350hr Yogalates Teacher Training is a comprehensive and integrated curriculum that has been used as an example of best practice by the Australian Industry Accreditation Board and is registered with Yoga Australia ID 9108.
You'll learn the intention of poses along with the how and why behind creating effective sequences, how to modify poses, breath work and meditation to suit your students needs as well as how to teach multi-level classes. Present, confident and safe in your own teachings, you will be able to support your students to develop a heightened sense of awareness.
On competent completion of Part 1 + 2 you will receive your 350hr Yogalates Certificate which qualifies you for Yoga Australia membership, thereby making you eligible for public liability & indemnity insurances and some health fund rebates.
The Yogalates Academy strives to:
- Train individuals as confident + resourceful Yogalates Teachers
- Promote the global practice of Yogalates
- Maintain the highest standard of teaching and practice in Yogalates
This training is for anyone wishing to become a qualified Yogalates Teacher with or without any prior training.
Our 350hr Teacher Training is registered with Yoga Australia and recognised as a registered Level 1 Teacher, if with 2 years personal practise, there are no teaching limitations.
A certified Yogalates™ Teacher may choose to enter into private practice, open a studio, work in health clubs, wellness centres, retreats or resorts providing services to a variety of ages and levels of ability.
Please note that any 200hr Yoga Teacher Training in Australia provides the graduate recognition with Yoga Australia as a" Provisional Teacher" which means you must teach under supervision of a Senior Teacher whom oversees class session plans. This certificate dose not qualify you to teach others to become Yogalates Teachers.
Yogalates™ is trademarked and you may name classes 'Yogalates' once you have completed and received your 350hr certificate with us.You can then become a member of Yoga Australia or Yoga Alliance and obtain your insurances to legitimately teach.
HAVE QUESTIONS? CONTACT US
Embark on your Yogalates™ Academy Teacher Training journey, where competency-based learning meets flexibility. Our online assessments are self-paced, allowing you to complete course work comfortably over a minimum of 3 months. Dedicate 10-12 hours per week to study, shaping your educational experience to fit your life.
Discover the art of teaching with Yogalates™ Academy, where we recognise that every student learns uniquely. Our training imparts the philosophy and ethics essential for becoming an exceptional teacher. Emphasising presentation skills and knowledge, we take pride in making Yoga accessible and affirming for everyone, tailoring our approach to diverse learning preferences.
ADAPTATION TO LEARNING STYLES
Uncover the diverse dimensions of teaching with Yogalates™ Academy, designed to adapt to various learning styles. From effective communication to mastering bio-mechanical principles, we delve into the nuances of teaching Yogalates. Explore modifications, set exercise goals, and cater to specific body types and postural needs in a supportive learning environment.
Join our Practicum Lectures to enhance your teaching journey and equip you to interact and refer with healthcare professionals, ensuring a holistic approach. Navigate through health and safety requirements, uphold ethical standards, and develop crucial business management skills for your Yogalates practice. Dive into creative prop usage, blending elements like the resistance band seamlessly into poses, making your teaching dynamic and inclusive.
"Having experienced the 350hr Yogalates Training with Louise and Nic, I can confirm… there really is no other training like it. Adding so many subtle, intrinsically vital and relevant layers to the practice. You will be unbelievably fortunate to experience this level of mastery."
- Liz Fardon
"I have a career as a Dietitian and love how complimentary and holistic the Yogalates method is to my work. Both as a method of safe and inclusive physical activity and as a balancing practice for the mind and soul. I enjoyed learning for my own mind and body and am deeply grateful to have been given this wonderful opportunity to teach and share Yogalates with the world."
- Danae Giardina, from Mount Isa Queensland
“The course was rigorous BUT it was very cleverly designed, taught with incredible depth of knowledge and compassion. It was a truly extraordinary experience and the start of a life changing journey.”
- Irena, Byron Bay
“Discovering Yogalates as a method of practice has been a very deep and and enlightening process. Louise Solomon the founder of Yogalates is an exceptional teacher and visionary. Yogalates is a very safe modality.
We have been trained with a lot of care, attention to detail on posture, alignment, special needs for various pre-existing health conditions, and how to cue and articulate modifications. Receiving my qualifications in Yogalates has set me up to be a confident, safe teacher, with realistic expectations and a humble attitude towards my students.”
- Jacqui Fae, Mullumbimby NSW
“Coming from a physiotherapy background I appreciated the high standard of training provided. The level of knowledge in anatomy, physiology and application to exercise, with the focus on special needs and injury prevention is meticulous.
The trainers are experienced, knowledgeable and inspirational teachers. They are also exceptionally open and wonderful personalities in themselves.
The Yoga philosophy component is enlightening!!"
- Catherine, Physiotherapist
“Yogalates for me is the perfect combination of mind, body and soul that turned out to be the ideal technique for me. Completing my training in 2015 at the Bangalow studio, I now run yogalates classes in the Byron shire and enjoy every minute. The mix of physical and mental through asana and pranayama practice brought together a way for me to teach both safely and well. All of the teachers at my training were extremely supportive and each different in their own styles and approach. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to Louise, Tracey, Olive and Bec, for bringing such passion, wisdom and beauty to your teaching.
- Kate Westberg