350 HOUR YOGALATES™ TEACHER TRAINING OVERVIEW
> ENROL FOR 350HR TEACHER TRAINING
> TRAIN ONLINE - SELF PACED - Read course overview. Payment options available.
> TRAIN IN BYRON BAY, AUSTRALIA - Read course overview. Payment options available.
> GOT QUESTIONS? CONTACT US
> DOWNLOAD & READ OUR TEACHER TRAINING HANDBOOK (PDF)
> DOWNLOAD & READ OUR CODE OF PRACTICE (PDF)
Yogalates promotes a safe form of functional movement and exercise through a unique fusion of Yoga and Pilates. The practice enables individuals to maximise basic postural human movement and function, profoundly changing their everyday life.
The Yogalates Academy aims to:
- Train individuals as Yogalates Teachers
- Promote the global practice of Yogalates
- Maintain the highest standard of teaching and practice in Yogalates
At the core of our teachings is the exploration of movement and breath – of coming to know this intimately within your own body - it is from this authentic place the true teacher arises.
You'll learn the intention of poses along with the how and why behind creating effective sequences, how to modify poses, breath work and meditation to suit your client's needs as well as how to teach multi-level classes. Present, confident and safe in your own teachings, you will be able to support your clients to develop a heightened sense of awareness.
The Yogalates™ Academy Training is a comprehensive and integrated curriculum that has been used as an example of best practice by the Australian Industry Accreditation Board and is registered with Yoga Australia ID 9108.
Each of our trainers are Master Yogalates™ Teachers, which means they've completed this program and have been teaching consistently for 15 or more years, as well as participated in our weekend update trainings held bi-yearly. We embody the teachings of Yoga and Philosophy on and off the mat and are committed to passing them onto our students.
A Certified Yogalates™ Teacher may choose to enter into private practice, open a studio, work in health clubs, wellness centres, retreats or resorts providing services to a variety of ages and levels of ability.
Please note: Yogalates™ is trademarked and you may name classes 'Yogalates' once you have completed and received your 350hr certificate with us. This certificate will not give you the qualifications to teach others to become teachers in The Solomon Yogalates Method.
> DOWNLOAD OUR CODE OF PRACTICE (.PDF)
Please refer to the Code of Practice which outlines the correct use of the Solomon Yogalates™ Trademarked name.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
Gain immediate access to comprehensive Video Modules and Specialist Manuals created by our team of Master Trainers which you will work through at your own pace (from the moment you sign up!) through our easy-to-use learning portal.
- Learn from the authentic Yogalates lineage - access profound teachings through supported tuition, online assessments & practicum lectures.
- Supported evolution - we work with you to uncover blocks and find expansion in a fully supported accepting environment.
- Unlimited access to our Online Yogalates Academy trainings for the duration of the course.
- Yogalates Book - the best elements of Yoga & Pilates published by Louise Solomon
- Yogalates Teacher Training Manual (10th edition) by Louise Solomon
- Anatomy Manual
- Personal Practice & Yoga Therapy / Special Needs Manual
- Instructional Online Videos on Core Foundation & Asana Modifications for client special needs
Three qualifications within the one certificate course Yoga + Pilates + Yogalates!
On completion you will receive:
- 350hr Yogalates™ Certificate which qualifies you as a member of Yoga Australia, thereby eligible for public liability & indemnity insurances and some health fund rebates may apply for your clients.
PART 1 – ONLINE ACADEMY
We recommend over 3 - 6 months of approximately 6 - 12hrs study per week for Part 1.
- Module 1 - Anatomy & Functional Movement; study the body as a whole - the systems, posture, asana breakdowns, how to use props and modify to suit a variety of body types and conditions.
- Module 2 - Pilates & Yoga; identifying their individual attributes and the principles of our unique method fusing the two.
- Module 3 - Yoga Philosophy; studying the Eight Limbs, our lineage, breath, meditation, bandhas, ethics and lifestyle.
- Module 4 - Personal Practice; the discipline and exploration as a student and self-practice is imperative in becoming a great teacher.
- Module 5 - Teaching Training; client assessment + management, sequence and instruct a complete practice including Asana, Pranayama, Yoga Nidra + Meditation.
- Module 6 - 50hr Yoga History + Physiology(12 Modules) - Our lineage, sacred texts, theories, practices, rituals and chakras.
PART 2 – ONLINE ACADEMY
On completion of Part 1, you will be given access to the pre-recorded online lectures and prompted in the submission of assignments (including self-recorded videos) for Part 2 – the equivalent to approx. 18 days full time face to face study.
You will have access to all materials and trainings for a period of 9 months from commencement and can study at your own pace to completion of the Certificate during this timeframe.
PART 2 – BYRON STUDIO (FACE TO FACE)
The Byron Bay training begins 4 weeks prior to the start date when online pre-practicum lectures are released - up to 10hrs in total to be viewed prior to attending the face-to-face Practicum. The Practicum itself an intensive training run over 15 days face-to-face, from 8am - 6pm. 100% punctual attendance at lectures during the practicum is essential for successful completion of the course.
Pre-practicum online lectures for Part 2 commence 4 weeks prior to face-to-face practicum. All assessments must be attempted prior to practicum attendance. A general level of computer literacy is required.
Modules for Part 2 ( both Online Academy and Byron Bay)
- Creative Structure and Formatting of a class
- Understanding various Body Types and their application to Poses
- Learn how to Modify Poses and prop usage to enhance practise for individuals and common conditions/injuries. Plus specialised programs for individual needs.
- Mastering the Science and application of Core and Breath
- Yoga Therapy and Restorative Yogalates
- Basics of Ayurveda
- Business Management
- Ethics and tools for embodying Yoga, so you develop as a Teacher of Yoga not just a Yoga Instructor.
Online assessments for Part 1 (Modules 1- 5) and Part 2 are self-paced. We suggest a minimum of 3 months averaging 10 -12hrs study per week over between 4 – 12 months.
The Yogalates™ Academy Teacher Training is a competency-based training. This means that assessments are not considered to be a pass or fail but rather are marked as either competent (C) or Not Yet Competent (NYC) with the allowance for resubmission of work until deemed competent. A full competency record is required to receive the certificate.
TEACHING AND PRESENTATION SKILLS
Being great at performing Yoga or Pilates does not necessarily make a great teacher. The Yogalates™ Academy provides the platform for the philosophy and ethics of a teacher as well as emphasising the teaching and presentation skills that are involved in engaging and motivating your clients. Not all clients learn the same way; some need to listen, some need to see, and others need to feel. We pride ourselves on our ability to make Yoga accessible and affirming for everyone.
We use a variety of teaching methods to suit different learning styles:
- Effective communication, verbal cues, imagery and metaphors for performance enhancement and client motivation
- A variety of programming options to keep clients motivated
- How to apply Yogalates bio-mechanical principles of movement, core stability, functional breathing and alignment to all exercises
- Deconstruct the complexity of the asana poses and mat work exercises
- Modifications to increase or decrease exercise intensity
- Learn the unique modifications of the Yogalates repertoire
- Exercise goals, muscular initiation and movement sequencing
- Modifications for specific body types and postural issues
In the practicum lectures we also explore:
- Interactions and referrals with other health care professionals e.g. Physiotherapists, Councillors
- Work Health and Safety and legal requirements within the Health Industry
- Work Ethics and professional development
- Learn the Business management requirements to set up and run your own Yogalates practise effectively.
- Props used in the Yogalates repertoire; the resistance band effectively reproducing exercises from the Pilates Reformer as well as creatively fusing the band work into Asana poses, Yoga block used with in the mat work and asana Yogalates repertoire, Yoga Bolsters, blankets, eye pillows and strap.
OUR YOGALATES TEACHER TRAININGS PROVIDE FULL SPECTRUM ACADEMY TRAINING PROGRAMS DESIGNED FOR THOSE WHO GENUINELY SEEK TO EXPAND AND EVOLVE BEYOND THEIR KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING OF TRADITIONAL YOGA ASANA, FUNCTIONAL MOVEMENT, CORE ACTIVATION, YOGA THERAPY AND SPECIAL NEEDS CARE.
> WHAT OTHERS HAVE TO SAY!
Please note: Yogalates™ is trademarked and you may name classes 'Yogalates' once you have completed and received your 350hr certificate with us. This certificate will not give you the qualifications to teach others to become teachers in The Solomon Yogalates Method. Please refer to the Code of Practice which outlines the correct use of the Solomon Yogalates™ Trademarked name.
So happy to have finally joined & loving the classes! I feel so good & find teachers amazing & location wonderful. I’m recommending the Yogalates Academy to everyone. Five Stars! - Alison Bangalow
Yogalates is a wonderful practice tailored to suit my needs - giving me flexibility, calm & confidence after having both hips replaced. I love it. Olive is so professional and easy to engage with, making me feel welcome every session - Jen, Bangalow
My first Yogalates class was terrific, Olive was particularly helpful & understanding, which was important to me as I had not much previous experience of either. She made me feel comfortable & ensured each move was done correctly. Classes are held in a beautiful space. Very calm & relaxing - Jennifer Bangalow