Modifying Yoga for every BODY
Advance your skills in pose modification, deepen your understanding of body types, and become adept at creating inclusive and supportive yoga and Pilates sessions for diverse conditions.
This course is delivered as Part 1 & Part 2 - see special offer below for both (Part 1 is a pre-requisite of Part 2).
PART 2 Investment: $995
Course Overview PART 2
- Recap from Part 1
- A brief review of the key concepts covered in Part 1, emphasising the evaluation of posture and the introduction of Body Types.
- In depth Body Types immersion
- Take a deeper immersion into Body Types; lordosis, kyphosis, flattened spines and their impact on Yoga and Pilates practice.
- Thoracic and Shoulder Girdle stability
- A deep dive into the Thoracic Spine and Shoulder Girdle to aid stability, connection to the core, supporting functional movement. Provides valuable insights for effective teaching and modifications. See our renowned 350hr accredited course which covers application, understanding and function of core and breath.
- Adaptations for Individuals
- Learn techniques to adapt Asana for individuals with injuries or those requiring personalised approaches based on their body type or preferred style of practice. Application of Modifications Alternatives Adjustments & Props (MAAPs) for the foundational poses below.
- Extensive coverage of MAAPs for the remaining foundational pose groups
- Downward Facing Dog
- Standing Poses + Sequencing
- Prone Poses
Teaching strategies for diverse settings
- Emphasis on incorporating appropriate modifications to accommodate a variety of conditions encountered in real-world teaching scenarios.
Promoting Safe Practices
- Instilling confidence in supporting individuals without diagnosing or resolving conditions.
- Creating a safe and functional space for students with various needs.
- Introduction to Ayurveda
- Learn how movement and breath impact the Doshas and discover your own unique dosha.
- Introduction to Restorative Yoga
- Learn and experience its effects on the nervous system, adrenals and the body’s physiology.
Duration: 30 Hours Self Study Online
Enrol now in Part 2 to advance your skills in pose modification, deepen your understanding of body types, and become adept at creating inclusive and supportive Yoga and Pilates sessions for diverse conditions.
Special offer PART 1 & 2 combined
Save by enrolling in both parts of this comprehensive course series.
PART 1 & 2 Investment: $1,495
Secure your place on this self-paced, online learning journey designed to empower Yoga, Yogalates, and Pilates instructors with a deeper understanding of the human body.
Embark on a transformative journey with Yogalates Academy and one of our world class online courses. Tailored for both Yoga and Pilates Teachers, as well as students exploring a deeper understanding of these practices.
"Having experienced the 350hr Yogalates Training with Louise and Nic, I can confirm… there really is no other training like it. Adding so many subtle, intrinsically vital and relevant layers to the practice. You will be unbelievably fortunate to experience this level of mastery."
- Liz Fardon