Modifying Yoga for every BODY
This course is suitable for qualified Yoga or Pilates teachers and Physiotherapists.
Enrol in this comprehensive course to gain the skills and knowledge needed to design classes that cater to individuals with varied abilities, injuries and conditions. Deepen your understanding of pose modifications and enhance your ability to create inclusive and supportive Yoga and Pilates sessions.
Most Yoga classes simply aren't accessible to students with common injuries, conditions, disabilities and chronic illnesses. Many have left a class, or Yoga entirely, feeling inadequate or disillusioned by the premise of wellness benefits, or worse injured. Most teacher trainings do not include how to use props, apply modifications and alternatives in classes so they are suitable to every BODY who comes through the door.
There’s a high demand for teachers who can provide an all-inclusive general class, or a specialised program as a group class or private session for individuals with varied abilities, injuries and conditions. Our 350hr Yogalates Teacher Training has been training teachers since 1999 to do this. For the first time we are providing this as a separate stand-alone module for qualified Yoga, Yogalates or Pilates teachers to up-skill their training. For this reason we do not include HOW to instruct the pose (this is part of the Teacher Training), instead we cover the pose benefits, cautions, possible adaptations and why.
This course is delivered as Part 1 & Part 2 - see special offer below for both.
PART 1 Investment: $995
Course Overview Part 1
Posture Evaluation and Body Types
- Evaluation of posture as a foundation for understanding individual needs.
- Introduction to Body Types to comprehend the unique requirements of various postures and shapes e.g Kyphosis, Scoliosis, Sway Back.
- Understand how and why certain pose groups (or individual poses) require modifications or alternatives to support an individual's Body Type
- Pose modification for common conditions and injuries
- Exploration of common conditions such as lower back issues (discs), SIJ (Sacroiliac Joint) concerns, knee and shoulder conditions, anxiety, arthritis and High Blood Pressure.
- Application of Modifications Alternatives Adjustments & Props (MAAPs) for the foundational poses below.
- Foundational Pose MAAPs
- Seated Poses
- Seated Forward Bends
- Child's Pose
- All 4's + Plank Pose
Special offer PART 1 & 2
Save by enrolling in both parts of this comprehensive course series.
PART 1 & 2 Investment: $1,495
Secure your place on this self-paced, online learning journey designed to empower Yoga, Yogalates, and Pilates instructors with a deeper understanding of the human body.
Embark on a transformative journey with Yogalates Academy and one of our world class online courses. Tailored for both Yoga and Pilates Teachers, as well as students exploring a deeper understanding of these practices.
"Having experienced the 350hr Yogalates Training with Louise and Nic, I can confirm… there really is no other training like it. Adding so many subtle, intrinsically vital and relevant layers to the practice. You will be unbelievably fortunate to experience this level of mastery."
- Liz Fardon